Who is Ready For Thanksgiving?!!!
November is here and sad to say, but the cold weather is here also. It's time to bring out the Winter Jackets and Boots. So something good to keep on your Checklist for this month as we progress into the Cold Months is getting a Check Up on Your Furnace! Have you had it checked since last year? Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning is a great Company to give a call to make sure you stay Warm for the Winter Ahead!
Here at Homes at Lake Norman we are excited about Thanksgiving being ahead of us and thought we would share a recipe from our family to yours:
Sweet Potato Casserole:
2-Large Cans of Sweet Potatoes- (Drained & Cubed) or you can use (Fresh Cooked) Sweet Potatoes
1-Stick of Butter- (Cubed)
3/4 C of Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1- Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup of Pecans
2 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
1- Tablespoon Vanilla
1) Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
2) Butter a 9x13 Baking Dish, Place Sweet Potatoes in the Baking Dish.
3) Add Butter, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Vanilla, 1/4 C of Pecans, Heavy Cream, 1/2 C of Marshmallows and Fold Together to Blend Well.
4) Cover with Aluminum Foil, Bake 15 Minutes- Stir, Cover and Bake another 15 Minutes.
5) Remove from Oven. Turn the Oven to Broil (Low).
6) Place Remaining Pecans on the Casserole, Top with Remaining Marshmallows.
7) Broil Uncovered watching closely until Marshmallows are Golden Brown.
8) Remove, Let it Cool and Enjoy!