Honesty hour- it's too hot during the summer months to really take care of the curb appeal of your house. And, with summer ending, the outside of your house can become a little raggedy anyways with all of the rainstorms and weather that come with the beloved summer months. But, with the cooler temperatures right around the corner, it's a perfect time to get out and make the best of your curb appeal! Here's a few insights to making your house the must-see location in the neighborhood.
1. Start with some fresh mulch and beautiful blooms for your yard. Any mulch beds that you have can surely use a sprucing, and with just a little work, you can have a big impact! While you're at it, insert some beautiful fall perennials! Give your curb appeal the fall makeover and go for those familiar russet tones that come with mums, marigolds, and asters. Or, if you're feeling risky, try some annuals and watch them bloom year after year! For more information on which blooms to plant for your area, visit here: The Best Fall Flowers for Your Garden | What to Plant for Fall | The Old Farmer's Almanac
2. Pull the weeds from your walkways, steps, and entrances. Summertime usually brings lots of weeds, which aren't the most fun to deal with, but when removed can make a big difference in the appearance of your house! Take a look at your walkways and make sure you don't see weeds in the concrete cracks, and make sure your steps and entrances are free from the boogers as well! If you can't stand the thought of pulling weeds, try this nifty tool.
3. Invest in a good leaf blower for your lawn. When the trees start blowing, you don't want all your hard prep work to be covered up with dead leaves, and a good leaf blower will help to keep the work light- and save your back from those pesky rakes!
4. Replace your welcome mats. Fall is a great time to replace those entry way mats. Summer has probably destroyed them with sand, dirt, and mud from all the time outside. If they are looking tethered, now would be a great time to invest in a new one! Plus, there are so many cute fall entry mats, like these:
5. Pressure washing the outside of your home can easily make it look fresher and worth more! You can rent a pressure washer or borrow a friend's machine, but make sure you hit all the sides of the exterior and the alcove, porch, or entrance where your front door is. This will instantly add curb appeal and make your house pop!
6. Since it does get darker early in the fall months, solar lights can provide the curb appeal even at nighttime. You can line your walkway with them, put them in planters, or illuminate those beautiful mulch beds that you crafted!
With these tips, you'll be sure to have the snazziest house in the neighborhood. If you need any inspiration, be sure to check out our Instagram for all the before and after photos of our properties, @homesofthemountains.